Sharon Scherl, MD
MEDICAL, SURGICAL, AND COSMETIC DERMATOLOGIST
- Undergraduate: Columbia University
- Medical School: New York Medical College
- Internship Internal Medicine: Mount Sinai Hospital NYC
- Dermatology Residency: New York Medical College
- Certification: Board Certified American Board of Dermatology
- New York Magazine Top Doctor Award 2016 and many times in previous years
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine Top Doctor Award 2016 and many times in previous years
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Joan P Liman Award, William Cullen Bryant Award
- Janet M Glasgow Memorial Achievement Citation, Cor et Manus Award of Distinction
- Chief of Dermatology Englewood Hospital 2008- 2014
- Clinical Consultant IntraDerm Pharmaceutical
As a third generation physician, Dr Sharon Scherl has grown up surrounded by physicians.
Her grandfather was a general medical practiioner in the Bronx and her father and uncle practiced gastroenterology in Fort Lee for many years. Now Dr. Sharon Scherl carries on this tradition along with her brother Dr. Michael Scherl and cousins Drs Jonathan and Susan Scherl.
Dr. Scherl grew up in Bergen County and upon completion of her medical training, came back to practice dermatology.
She is a member in good standing of the American Academy of Dermatology and the Dermatological Society of New Jersey.
Dr. Scherl is incredibly dedicated to her practice and her patients and believes in using her knowledge and skills to practice the "art of medicine"
On a personal note, she is married to Dr Eric Morgenstern who practices gastroenterology on the upper eastside of New York City and together they have to adult children now living in the city.
The entire family are avid skiers and love to spend time powder skiing out west.
In addition to skiing, Dr Scherl is an avid bike rider, exercise fanatic, and oenophile with a small collection of wines from around the world